Terms & Conditions
Chigwell Marquee Terms & Conditions
The hiring of Chigwell Marquee venues is at the discretion of the General Manager.
The hire of our marquees is strictly on a dry hire basis only. (Mini Marquee terms & conditions differ slightly so please ask a member of staff if you wish to see them)
Chigwell Hall/Chigwell Marquees is not liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations, where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our control. Such causes include and are not limited to fire, floods, storms, high winds, national power cuts and/or any other natural occurrences.
The marquees will be provided clean and ready to use. Any disarray caused by your hired vendors (decorators, florists etc.) will be your responsibility to clean before your event. A vacuum cleaner can be provided to assist with this if requested in advance.
- Full payment of your event is to be made one month (four weeks) prior to your event date.
- Hire of the venue does not entitle guests access to any part of the grounds, or the main Clubhouse, which is members only, unless previously agreed with us.
- You must provide copies of your vendors’ Public Liability Insurance.
- You accept responsibility for ensuring that no persons under the age of 18 purchases and consumes alcohol.
- You take responsibility for leaving the venue and grounds as it was supplied.
- All music is to be switched off by midnight on a Friday and Saturday and by 11.30pm on all other days. Music levels must be kept at an acceptable level due to the venue being situated in a residential area. The sound levels must comply with the Environmental Health Agency standards. Please note there is a sound limiter which will automatically turn your music off should it exceed acceptable levels.
- All fire exits must be kept clear at all times, as required by Health & Safety and Fire regulations.
- Due to the Smoking Regulations, no smoking is permitted within the venues and toilets. This includes the outdoor marquees.
A deposit/surety of £1000, to cover any damages to the venue and supplied equipment, is payable to secure your booking. This deposit is refundable within two weeks (14 days) after the date your event.
You will be responsible for the conduct of all guests and damage to the venue. This includes any guests being sick within the venue or the grounds. Any hired vendors such as decorators, caterers etc. must not cause any damage to the venues or grounds.
Tables and chairs for up to 800 guests will be provided at your request. Should you require additional tables and chairs, it will be your responsibility to hire this from a third party.
The stage cannot be moved under any circumstances.
You will be supplied with a sophisticated speaker system for any DJ or bands that you hire for your event.
Free standing candles are no permitted in either marquee. Only covered candles or candles in water are allowed, as required by Health & Safety and Fire regulations. A sacred fire may be used providing it is manned at all times.
Any electrical equipment brought into the venue must be approved by our qualified technicians and PAT approved.
Electrical power to the venue is limited as standard. Your hire includes dimmable house lighting, 4 x 13 amp power outlets and 1 x 30 amp power supply to the stage. Additional power may be available however this must be authorised by the venues’ electrical contractors. Any adjustments must be approved by the venues’ electrical contractors. All electrical equipment must meet the current Health & Safety regulations. Our electrical contractors may refuse the right to remove any equipment which does not meet the relevant standards.
No pyrotechnics, fireworks, Chinese lanterns, aerosols, string, poppers or confetti are to be used in the venues or surrounding grounds.
50% of the total cost must be paid when booking to secure the date. The remaining 50% of the total cost must be paid one month before event date. Payment plans can be negotiated. Failure to make any payment will cause the booking to be cancelled and any payments made lost. If a payment plan has been made a total of 50% of the booking amount is due even if the event is cancelled.
If cancelling a function the 50% deposit is non refundable. If a payment plan for the 50% deposit has been arranged the amount remaining to make up the 50% deposit is still due and to be cleared.
Please ensure that your vendors receive a copy of these terms and conditions